Yay!!! My first dinner recipe to share! I originally came across a similar recipe last summer and I have made it a few times to fully perfect the way I like it best, and it finally suits my pickiness. Y’all – this recipe is DELICIOUS and gives you the taste of a Taco Night without all the guilty carbs – and margs, wah. It is very simple and easy to throw together, plus it smells amazing while it is cooking. I love recipes that don’t take long to prep (and *FYI* Publix sells the majority of these pre-chopped) that I can do while multitasking, like… cleaning and laundry AKA REALLY watching Netflix.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 1 lb Extra Lean Ground Beef
- 1 7.5oz Package of Pillsbury Biscuits
- 1 Pack of Taco Seasoning (Taco Bell’s is the best, duh)
- 1 1/3 Cup of Salsa
- 2 Cups of Finely Diced Peppers (I used red, orange and green; you can use yellow or any variation of peppers!)
- 1 Cup of Finely Diced Red Onion
- 1 Cup of Shredded Mexican Blend Cheese, Light
- Green Onion for Garnishing
- Fat-Free Sour Cream (I personally don’t like sour cream, but I had it on the side for my roommate!)
- Hot Sauce!!!!!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9×13 casserole dish with cooking spray
- Cook the ground beef in a pan on the stove. Once the meat turns from pink to brown, add in the taco seasoning. Take off the burner and set aside. Add in the salsa and let it sit.
- Cut up the peppers and onions. I prefer them thinly sliced, but you can chop them up however!
- Take each biscuit and cut or tear into fourths. You should end up with about 24 little pieces of biscuit.
- Place half of the biscuit pieces in the sprayed casserole dish and top it off with half of the meat/salsa mixture, half of the chopped peppers and onions, and half of the shredded cheese. Repeat again for another layer.
- If you choose to add the green onion, add on top
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil for the remaining 15 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- Add any additional toppings and enjoy!
Leave me any feedback or comments you all have if you try it!