Let’s just say when it comes to eating healthy…I am always looking for shortcuts. And shortcuts can lead to bad habits like – skipping breakfast. OOPS!
I am beyond guilty of hitting snooze, spritzing some dry shampoo, grabbing Maisy and running out the door to work.
As you can see, I have skipped the most important meal of the day!
So with the whole “new year, new me” resolutions, I am attempting to be better about eating breakfast. Currently, I am in the middle of the first 10 days of the Advocare 24 Day Challenge, and it requires you to eat breakfast with their fiber drink.
After perusing through Pinterest, I couldn’t find any recipe I personally loved – so I decided to adapt and create my own recipe for omelette cups.
This recipe is simple and super easy to change up the ingredients based on your mood:
- (x6) Whole Eggs
- (x6) Egg Whites
- (x2) Handfuls of Spinach
- 1/4 cup of Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray non-stick spray to a 12-cup muffin tin.
- After whisking the eggs, add all other ingredients.
- Pour mixture till the tins are 1/2 full
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. (mine took a full 25 minutes)
- Use a knife to cut around the edges before popping them out.
- Let them cool on a cooling rack and enjoy! Or put them in a tupperware to be eaten later.
Hope y’all enjoy – I paired my omelette cups with some chicken sausage links from Trader Joe’s!